+44 (0) 1246 268 456
Springwood House, Foxwood Way, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41 9RN
TalarMade Limited (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By registering, placing an order, downloading information or entering our site (as defined below) you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by registering, ordering products, using our services or otherwise filling in any forms on our website (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, purchasing products from our site, subscribing to our services including receiving promotional material and news and information posted on our site, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information in connection with or participation in any promotions or competitions sponsored, promoted or offered by us and/or any third party and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms and when you report a problem with our site or information we learn from your use of our service and your visits to our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders, including, but not limited to your name, address, email address, telephone number and credit card number.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, purchase information, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences and purchases, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our site.
4. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username, login or password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this information confidential. We ask you not to share a username, login or password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may also pass your information on to any successor or potential successor in title to our business and suppliers that process data on our behalf both in the United Kingdom and abroad. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing and strategic purposes.
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on any forms we use to collect your data or at any time by contacting us directly by post at TalarMade Limited, Springwood House, Foxwood Way, Foxwood Industrial Estate, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S41 9RN. Attn: Data Protection Services or by email at [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
TalarMade Limited (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We want you to be fully informed about your rights, how we use, store and keep your data safe.
This policy explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us, our data processing practices and your options regarding the ways in which your personal data is used. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
2. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Information that you provide by registering, ordering products, using our services or otherwise filling in any forms by hardcopy, on our website or any other form of media you use to communicate with us. This includes information provided at the time of registering, purchasing products, subscribing to our services including receiving promotional material and news and information posted on our site, posting material or requesting further services.
The details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, purchase information, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Details of transactions you carry out and the fulfilment of your orders, including, but not limited to your name, address, email address, telephone number and credit card number.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
If you are a patient of TalarMade we may use “special categories of personal information” (otherwise known as “special categories of data”) about you, such as medical records containing information relating to your physical and mental health. For example, if you are a patient we will need to use information about your health in order to treat you.
If you provide personal information to us about other individuals (including medical or financial information) you should inform the individual about the contents of this Privacy Notice. We will process such information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Your health record is kept confidential within the Company at all times and is only shared with staff when they need it to carry out their job. All staff are required to work to strict professional and contractual codes of confidentiality.
3. How We Collect Data
Information may be collected directly from you when:
• You enter in to a contract with us by purchasing product
• You register as a TalarMade patient
• You are treated by a TalarMade clinician
• You complete enquiry forms on the TalarMade website
• You submit a query to us including through our website, by email or by social media
• you correspond with us by letter, email, telephone (all incoming and outgoing calls from/to patients are recorded) or social media, including where you reference TalarMade in a public social media post
• You submit your survey & feedback responses to us
• You take part in our marketing activities
Our patients will usually receive healthcare from other organisations in addition to TalarMade, and so in order to provide you with the best treatment possible we may have to collect personal information about you from other organisations.
We may collect information about you from third parties when:
• You are referred to us for the provision of services
• We liaise with your family
• We deal with experts, including medical experts
• We deal with NHS health service bodies about services you have received or are receiving
We may also collect personal information from a number of different sources including, but not limited to:
• Other hospitals, both NHS and private
• Commissioners of healthcare services
• Clinicians and medical experts (including their medical secretaries) and other service providers about services you have received or are receiving
• Family members
4. How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
TalarMade will use your personal information for the purpose of:
• Order fulfilment where you have entered in to a contract for the provision of products or services
• For the supply of medical devices to aid in your treatment
• Monitoring quality and performance of the products and service provided by TalarMade
• Correspondence for advertising and marketing our own business, activity, goods, services or events
• Promoting public relations in connection with that business, activity, goods, services or events.
• Analysis of website efficiency, visits and history.
In order to communicate with you about products and services you have engaged with us about and patient surveys and feedback, we are likely to do this by telephone, SMS, email, and/or post. Patient surveys and feedback are for the purpose of improving our products and services and for the purpose of monitoring health outcomes and are not a form of marketing.
As detailed above, we may contact you to ask you to participate in surveys regarding your treatment with TalarMade. The surveys will largely be sent post-treatment by email or post. This is not a form of marketing and the surveys do not try to sell you any further products or services; it is solely to gather information relating to your experience with TalarMade, for the purposes of improving the quality and safety of the services we offer to future patients. It is necessary for us to process your personal data in order to contact you with these surveys, on the basis of our appropriate business needs and to improve the quality of the healthcare services we offer.
We may also contact you to invite you to participate in on-line surveys which aim to monitor the outcomes of your treatment. Again, these surveys are not a form of marketing. The results are shared within TalarMade and NHS England, An initial invitation asking you to participate may be sent to you before your treatment takes place. This may be by post, SMS, email or in person when you attend the hospital for treatment. If you choose to complete a survey you will also receive subsequent surveys following your treatment to help establish the benefit you have gained from treatment.
Cookies – Information placed automatically on your computer
When viewing our websites, some information may be stored on your computer. This information will be in the form of a “cookie” or similar file and can help us improve your experience. With most Internet browsers, functions are available to erase cookies from the computer’s hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
You are advised to refer to your internet browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
Your access to the website indicates your consent to our use of information gathered from cookies for these purposes.
5. Sharing Personal Information
From time to time, we may share your personal information within our group or with third parties.
Disclosures within the TalarMade group of companies
We may share your personal information with other companies in the TalarMade group. This may be because we need to share information relating to your treatment or for the improvement of products and services within our group of companies.
Disclosures to third parties:
We may disclose your information to the third parties listed below for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
This might include:
• Third party service providers contracted to us in the course of providing you with healthcare.
• A doctor, nurse, carer or any other healthcare professional involved in your treatment
• Other members of support staff involved in the delivery of your care, like receptionists and porters
• Anyone that you ask us to communicate with or provide as an emergency contact, for example your next of kin or carer
• NHS organisations, including NHS Resolution, NHS England, Department of Health
• Your GP, clinician, or other private sector healthcare providers
• Third parties who assist in the administration of your healthcare, such as insurance companies
• Our regulators, like the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
• Our third party services providers such as IT suppliers, actuaries, auditors, lawyers, marketing agencies, document management providers and tax advisers
• Selected third parties in connection with any sale, transfer or disposal of our business
We may communicate with these third parties in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, email, post, fax and telephone.
6. What marketing activities do we carry out?
We may also use your personal information to provide you with information about products or services which may be of interest to you where you have provided your consent for us to do so.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails sent by us, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link that appears in all of our emails, otherwise you can always contact us at [email protected]
7. Your Rights
Under data protection law you have certain rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you. These include rights to know what information we hold about you and how it is used. You may exercise these rights at any time by contacting [email protected]
If we cannot comply with your request to exercise your rights we will usually tell you why.
If you make a large number of requests or it is clear that it is not reasonable for us to comply with a request then we do not have to respond. Alternatively, we can charge for responding.
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect and you want it corrected, you request to see this information, you request the data to be transferred, you object to our processing your Personal Information, or you request to have it deleted.
If you are unhappy with the way that we have dealt with a request from you to exercise any of these rights, or if you think we have not complied with our legal obligations. You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Making a complaint will not affect any other legal rights or remedies that you have.
More information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website: https://ico.org.uk/
8. Security of Collected Information
We are committed to protecting the security of the personal information collected, and we take reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to help protect the information from unauthorised or inappropriate access or use.
Want to stay up to date with the latest news and information from TalarMade? Please register your interest via the form below.